[EVDL] time rolls on
EVDL Administrator via EV
2018-12-09 17:29:54 UTC
Wayne's URL, http://ev-blue.com/, now resolves to http://www.diyev.com/
which seems not to be be well known forum. Has anyone heard anything of Wayne
recently?
Here's what Wayne wrote here on 16 October 2016. You too can find this in
the EVDL archive if you want.

"It's been a long time since I posted here..Things are going great. I will
be opening a shop in California ... I will be merging with another group
there ... I have secured a contract to build a push back tractor for a
747.C5A and A380 size ... We will not be building any cars ...

"They will be buying me out. And I will be working for them for 2 years then
I can finally hang it up.

"EV Cars have always been a flash in the pan .... There has and never been
and never will be a large demand for electric cars.. But the commercial end
is where the EV future is."

Wayne's last EVDL post was on 5 January 2017. He unsubscribed on 12 June
2017.

I don't speak for him, but my guess is that he did exactly what he said
above -- he sold his business, worked for the buyer fo 2 years, then walked
away. But that's just a guess.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator

Willie via EV
2018-12-09 17:52:12 UTC
Post by EVDL Administrator via EV
"EV Cars have always been a flash in the pan .... There has and never been
and never will be a large demand for electric cars.. But the commercial end
is where the EV future is."
I remember reading that. On some business there, I visited Wayne in
Kansas in my then new 2013 S. Even though the promise of Tesla was
clear to me, it was not to Wayne. That was in the days before
SuperChargers were common. The trip (from central Texas) required at
least two RV park charges each way. And Wayne could not supply me a
decent 240 vac outlet, only 20 amps or so; I got just enough charge in
Walton (Wayne's shop) to reach an RV park in Wichita where I could
charge at 40 amps. That was at least a 3 day trip. With today's
SuperChargers, it can be done both ways in one day.